The Alabama Golf Association and Willow Point Golf & Country Club look forward to seeing you at the Inaugural Southeast Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship at Willow Point Golf & Country Club in Alexander City, AL from August 23-25, 2019. Please review the following championship information. Remember that we are guests of the club, need to conduct ourselves in a proper manner and adhere to all host club policies. Also, make sure to be at your assigned tee ready to play at least five minutes before your starting time. Call me at the AGA office if you have any questions or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you have a great championship!
Championship Website: http://www.alabamagolf.org/2019-championships
Registration will be located in the Golf Shop on Thursday, August 22 from 9:00am-4:00pm.
Willow Point Golf & Country Club Information
PGA Director of Golf: Matt Sheppard
Course Superintendent: Cole McGinnis
Physical Address: 2544 Willow Point Rd, Alexander City, AL 35010
Club Website: willowpoint.com
Golf Shop Phone: 256-212-1409
Golf Shop Hours: 7:00am-Dark
Practice Facility Hours: 7:00am-Dark
Food & Beverage Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm (Stone Grill); 7:00am -2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm (Main Clubhouse)
Championship Yardage: 7067 yards, par 36-36--72
Course/Slope Rating: 73.4/128
Course Architect: Tommy Nichol (1964), Hurdzan & Fry (2002)
Course Turfgrass: Tees/Fairways, Rough (419 Bermuda); Putting Greens (Mini-Verde)
Food and Beverage
All food and beverage consumed on club grounds must be purchased at Willow Point Golf & Country Club. The Main Clubhouse will be open to service all food needs beginning at 7:00am each morning.
Directions to Willow Point Golf & Country Club
Lodging Willow Point has limited on-site Villas. Call 256-212-1407 to check availability.
Check online for best hotel rate:
Willow Point Golf & Country Club Policies
- Cell Phone Policy: Cell phones may only be used on the golf course in case of an emergency, to call the golf shop in need of a ruling, view tournament leaderboard or as a distance measuring device. We ask that phones are set to silent while on club grounds. Silent communications (text, email) may be used inside buildings. Verbal communication (phone calls) must be outside buildings.
- Parking: There is a limited amount of parking available at the host club and we ask that players, caddies and family members car pool as much as possible.
- Dress Code: Appropriate golf attire must be worn. Slacks or Bermuda shorts. No cut-offs, no denim, no cargo pants or cargo shorts. Men must wear shirts with collars and sleeves, tucked in at all times. Non-metal spikes only. Dress code applies to caddies and spectators.
- Coolers: Personal coolers are not allowed.
- Personal Items: Make sure not to leave any valuable personal items unattended such as jewelry, wallets, etc. even if they are tucked away inside your golf bag. It is best to leave your valuables locked in your automobile. Neither the AGA nor the host club will be held responsible for any lost or stolen personal items.
- Accepted Forms of Payment: Club accepts CASH and CREDIT and Select Clubs Member Charge.
Practice Rounds and Practice Facility
You are entitled to one practice round on August 22. You may call the golf shop 256-212-1409 on or after August 15 to reserve a practice round tee time. Make sure to identify yourself as a Southeast Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship participant. Do not just show up at the course and expect to be accommodated for a practice round. Practice round carts are mandatory. Players are limited to playing one ball except from the teeing ground. Players are welcome to use the practice range and putting green throughout the championship.
Starting times for August 23-24 will be available by August 19 at 5:00pm. Players will be notified via text message or check the AGA website at www.alabamagolf.org.
Championship Format and Schedule
- 54 holes of Four-Ball stroke play. Field will be cut to low 30 scores and ties after 36 holes. Number of sides making the cut is calculated based upon percentage of sides in each division compared with the total field.
- In the event of a tie for first place in the Mid-Amateur or Senior Division, a hole-by-hole play-off will be held immediately following play. The play-off holes and their order of play will be determined by the Championship Committee. All other ties will be split equally.
- Initial groupings will be for first two rounds; the field will be cut and re-paired by score after the second round.
Thursday, August 22:
Tee times available for practice.
Hosted player reception
Friday, August 23:
7:30 AM - First round of four-ball stroke play.
11:45PM – First round of four-ball stroke play.
Hosted breakfast and lunch for championship contestants.
Saturday, August 24:
7:30 AM - Second round of four-ball stroke play.
11:45PM – Second round of four-ball stroke play.
Hosted breakfast and lunch for championship contestants. Cut to low 30 scores and ties for final round.
Sunday, August 24:
7:30 AM - Final round of four-ball stroke play.
Hosted breakfast and lunch for championship contestants. Awards ceremony immediately following play.
Pace of Play
The AGA wants all players to enjoy competing in our events. Pace of play may differ depending upon the venue, weather and course conditions. Every player is accountable for playing at an acceptable pace, therefore we need your help. Please observe the following guidelines to help ensure a pleasant tournament experience for all:
- Make sure to keep pace with the group in FRONT of you. The group behind should keep pace with your group and so forth.
- Go directly to your ball. If sharing a golf cart, drop-off the player farthest from the hole then proceed to the other ball.
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Keep practice strokes and time taken to read putts to a minimum.
- Play a provisional ball if your original ball may be lost or out of bounds.
- Keep time taken at the snack bar or between nines to a minimum.
If everyone does their part, then 4½ hours should be the maximum time taken to play a round of golf at an AGA tournament. Following the lead of the USGA, the AGA has developed a pace of play policy, based on Rule 5.6b and Model Local Rule 8K that is fair to every competitor.
*Note: a group may receive a “friendly reminder” of their position regardless of pace of play guidelines.
Maximum Allowable Time
The maximum allowable time is the maximum time considered necessary by the Committee for a group to complete its round. This is expressed in a per-hole and aggregate time format and includes all time associated with playing the game, e.g., for rulings and walking times between holes.
Both the specific maximum time allotted per hole and for the completion of 18 holes at AGA championships will be denoted on each player’s AGA issued scorecard. See the complete AGA Pace of Play Policy for the procedure if a group is “out of position” and penalty for breach of Pace of Play Policy.
Cart/Range Fees; Push Carts
- Practice Round: Cart/range fees are included in the entry fee. Cart is mandatory during practice round.
- Championship: Championship cart/range fees are included in the entry fee. Cart is mandatory during championship rounds.
Caddies: Caddies are not allowed.
- Spectator Golf Cart Policy: Due to the limited number of available golf carts, spectator carts may not available during the championship.
- Disability Golf Cart Policy: In consistency with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), AGA will grant an individual with a bona fide disability a golf cart if the following conditions are met:
- Requesting individual completes and submits a Disabled Golf Cart Request Form by the close of entries date;
- Host club has a golf cart available;
- Requesting individual pays host club the appropriate fee;
- Requesting individual presents to the AGA staff or AGA representative a disability card issued by a government agency.
- Spectator carts must remain on the cart path at all times and spectators must adhere to the club’s dress code policy.
- Spectators are not allowed to ride in a player’s golf cart at any time. Non-club owned spectator carts are not allowed except as provided in the AGA Tournament Manual.
- Awards will be presented to the Division Champions. Merchandise prizes are awarded to top finishers in each division.
- Prizes in the Southeastern Amateur Four-Ball Championship comply with USGA Rules of Amateur Status (see USGA Rules of Golf).
- Champions in each division receive a 3-year exemption.
Mid-Amateur Division Course Set-Up/Yardage (*All yardage is subject to change based upon wind direction and weather conditions)
Course Rating: 74.2/130
*AGA may use the following tee locations in addition to the above yardages as conditions warrant: Hole #2 (416), Hole #3 (532), Hole #12 (516), Hole #14 (479), Hole #15 (404), Hole #18 (557). Par 3’s will use multiple tees.
Senior Division Course Set-Up/Yardage (*All yardage is subject to change based upon wind direction and weather conditions)
Course Rating: 71.9 /126
*AGA may use the following tee locations in addition to the above yardages as conditions warrant: Hole #2 (387), Hole #3, (501), Hole #7 (412), Hole #9 (376), Hole #11(191), Hole #12 (516), Hole #14 (391), Hole #16 (381), Hole #18 (520). Par 3’s will use multiple tees.
- AGA Code of Conduct
- AGA Tournament Manual
- This is a soft-spike facility. The penalty for non-compliance is disqualification.
If an accepted side withdraws for any reason before the close of registration at 11:59pm on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, the entry fee will be refunded, subject to a $30.00 service fee. If an accepted side withdraws for any reason after the close of registration and before 11:59pm on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 50% of the entry fee ($397.50) will be refunded. No refunds will be made for withdrawals after Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
To withdraw from the event before the close of registration, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Championship Website Portal.
- Sign In to your Tournament Registration Account.
- Click "Edit Registration” from left side of the page.
- Choose “Cancel Registration” under dropdown menu on right side of page.
To withdraw from the event after the close of registration, complete the Online Tournament Withdrawal Form. *Note: AGA will process your withdrawal and applicable refund within 72 hours.
No Shows: Sides that fail to notify the AGA of their withdrawal and “No Show” their starting time will not receive a refund for any reason. “No Show” sides may be subject to suspension from future Southeastern Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championships.
Alternates: Full refund if side does not gain entry into the championship.
All dates and time refer to date and time of receipt at the AGA office.
Tournament Delays and Updates
The AGA will text players with any tournament delays or schedule changes. Notices will also be posted our Twitter account. Follow @bamagolf.